Thursday, December 15, 2005

I just had an interesting thought.

Listen to Johnny's Cash's cut of "Walk the Line" - the real recorded version from the 50's. (that is, if you have it) - He sings high - drops a step down, up, down, and then down a full octave reciting the same verse.

That's when it's deep and booming and out of place within the song. And then I wonder if that wasn't some representation of something more malovent.

"because you're mine, I walk the line"

"because you're mine...."

"because I love you and obsess over you and I'll never be happy without you and you'll never be as happy as you are with me."

"because I own you - just like Ike owned Tina and you'll never leave me because if you do I'll kill you"

---------------------------
I don't think for a second Johnny Cash thought that way about June, though he was certainly persistant...LOL. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out he had some dual meaning when he drops down that full octave at the end.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home