Thursday, December 08, 2005

30 hrs. till ground zero - woo hoo!

I'm gonna tell you guys something - I'm not scared of going to the city of free booze - (even without my weed crutch) - why?

Never told you guys this, but I think this is what did it...

I was reading Pete Hamill's "The Drinking Life" - he's a writer, for real - newspapers and articles and lots of books - this just happened to be a childhood and alcohol memoir.

There's a point where he accepts it's destroying his gift for writing....

and shortly thereafter, after that and a story with a drunk girl on my bed and a broken taillight that I'll tell you about some other time ;) -

that was it....all I want is to be a writer - of stories, observations - songs...if it takes that from me it's not worth it. So I was done and it has been unbelieveably easy...but of course, I have another mood altering crutch - with less dangerous yet still slightly unknown defects - but I can go 4 days without it in a heartbeat.

So Vegas, bring it on - I will be clear for this one, boy.

RB

3 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of "Everybody's First Time Snowboarding"!


=)

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Sin City.

Make lots of money....

Drink lots of booze...

Bang a ton of women...

NJC

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

I will be banging no women this trip.

Alas - I will have to cancel my trip to the dominatrix this time - I don't think my ass can handle any more paddling and I won't be there long enough to stay a week chained in the dungeon.

Just boring poker this trip. - LOL

RB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home