Friday, November 11, 2005

This is my favorite part of that movie Chelsea Walls...

When Rosario Dawson is reading this poem right into the camera - I don't know if it's just lines from the play, improvization, or from a poem, so I can't give real credit for it except for that fact that I saw it in the movie.

=============================

I want to be a lost poem in a strangers coat pocket,
that conveys the importance of you.
To assure you of my desire, to assure you of dreams.
I want all the possibilities of you in writing.
I want to give your reflection.
I want your eyes on me.
I want to travel to the lightness with you and stay there.
I want everyhing before you to follow us like a trail behind me.
I want never to say goodbye to you, even on the street corner or the phone.

I want......I want so much I'm breathless.
I want to put my power into a poem to burn a hole in your pocket so i can sew it.
I want my words to scream through you.
I want the poem not to mean that much.
And I want to contradict myself by accident, and for you to know what i mean.
I want you to be distant and for me to feel you close.
I want endless days when its day and nightime never to end when its night.
I want all the seasons in one day.
I want the sun to set before us and come up in front of us.
I want water to run up to our waists and to be drenched by the rain up to our ankles with holes in our shoes.
I want to think your thoughts becuase they're mine. I want only what's urgent with you.
I want to get in the way of the barriers and I want you to be a tough guy when your supposed to, like you do already.
And I want you to be tender, like you do already.
And I want us to have met for a reason and I want that reason to be important.
And I want it to be bigger than us, I want it to take over us.
I want to forget.
I want to remember us.
And when you say you love me, I don't want to think you really mean New York City and all the fun we have in it.
And I want your smile always and your grimaces too.
I want your scar on my lips and I want your dissappointments in my heart.
I want your strength in my soul, and I want my soul in my eyes.
I want to believe everything you say, and I do.
And I want you to tell me what's best, when I dont know.
And when your lost I want to find you.
And when your weary, I want to give you steeples and cathedral thoughts and coliseum dreams.
I want to drag you from the darkness and kneel with you exhausted with the blinding light blaring on us.

3 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Nice. My favorite part of that flick too.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

I've got ONE more scene that is probably more of my fav.

Where that black kid, Wall, is walking down the hallway and Uma Thurman's character, Grace is there and he's sorta trying in that 13 year old way to pick her up

Wall: So, do you wanna come sleep over?

Grace: Sleep Over? - No, I couldn't do that, but I could come visit sometimes.

Wall: I was thinking we could go to my friend Judy's house. She's got an aquarium. And afterwards, we could go to my house and read some Langston Hughes.

Grace: - Langston Hughes? - Where did you get Langston Hughes?

Wall: My Dad

Grace: - Is he a poet?

Wall: - I dunno - sorta hard to tell who's a poet and who isn't, you know?

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the other great scene is when Jimmy scott sings jealous guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home