Saturday, June 18, 2005

A quote from Billy Graham - in MSNBC.com - regarding things he would have done differently...

Looking back, the son of North Carolina farmers said one regret is that he didn't join the battle for civil rights more forcefully. Graham ordered racial integration of seating at his meetings in the South a year before the Supreme Court's school desegregation ruling.

But "I think I made a mistake when I didn't go to Selma" with many clergy who joined the Alabama civil rights march led by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. "I would like to have done more."



I don't know why, but for some reason I smiled when I read that. So rare you hear of anyone saying "I was wrong" -

I don't lump him in necessarily with all the control freaks and TV Evangelists that I know of who dominate the landscape of disdain that is my opinion. I think he did good things - sounds like his NYC Crusade will be his last...

Rock on.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home