Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I want chinese food so badly right now I won't be able to finish this...ah well, I need to cut back.

took the Canterbury 6/12 game last night for $400 - my live results in the 4/8 and 6/12 games have been pretty good so far this year. Far Superior to my online results - though the games have been few and far between but that's my fault - I can go anytime I want and I didn't.

- it's hard to explain Canterbury poker and esp. the 6/12 game. Most 2+2er's agree it's the fishiest game in the building - (8/16 plays a lot more aggressive and I'd want 3 racks for it whereas I'll sit with one or two in a 6/12 game) - people start to be assholes and threaten to come across the table.

But there's still guys who raise with 4/7 suited and get repopped on the turn by your QQ and hits a 4 outer on the river - so that works - (it's ok, I think I snapped him off twice to his once - victory is mine....LOL)

Our theory is that the 4/8 and 8/16 games are some of the toughest because at that point, you're playing the highest game at a certain chip color - guys in blue chip games go from 2/4 to 3/6 to 4/8 and by then, they're not too bad - likewise a guy who goes to 8/16 - this doesn't apply in Vegas cause so few places there play a 6/12 game with 2 buck chips - (they use a 5 and a 1) - but I took that one for a ride too.

I think 6/12 is just enough for the folks who want to gambuullleeee - in my case, one 5-6 hr. trip out at Canterbury took out a third of my red ink for the yr...so you know what that means...LOL - usually I go out each night till I lose - maybe tonight.

I will say this - I've taken up what pros like Jennifer Harman/Annie Duke have said - I've read where both of them agree (and apparently I should credit Howard for Annie's opinion on this) that losing more then 30 BB should take you out for the night - there's a psychological edge that you give up - and I saw it last nights - guys who weren't even playing bad hands and taking bad beats were getting called/recalled cause the other players sucked. But I think part of it was just the idea that they could beat this guy even with 25 offsuit (though that was a straddle hand) -

so I bought in for 350 planning on only losing that - kept coloring up racks of yellow to green, so that I had 700 in $25 dollar chips when I left - now THAT felt awesome.

RB

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If I bring any money back home from Vegas, I'll save it to give the $6/$12 game at Canterbury shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home