Friday, September 30, 2005

heh - I'm playing Forza Motorsports on the xbox....

basically, every event has 3 races - you finish first in all 3 and you win a car, which will usually be needed for future events...my favorite car so far is the Audi TT, a fact Steve (Luv2DriveTT) will get a kick out of...

SO, I realized I didn't get gold in the first few - some were bronze....so I'm sending my Drivatar (a driver that drives for me) to rerun those races I didn't take first in - rather then do it myself -

doesn't pay much, but in these 3K races, it doesn't matter that much....I'm lazy...I admit it.

I had a bit of an epihany this morning....let me see if I can write it down for you or if I have to kick racing ass again....one sec.

let me kick ass first...this track is easy to take 1st in,...

<2 hrs. later>

ok, those tracks were easy - LOL - it gets worse - once you get up to 200 MPH, it's hard to keep the fucker in control...

So anyways, I'm at work, and we have the weekly newsletter, and this week it's my boss's turn to write it, and he's going somewhere with it but he doesn't like it...so he asks me - what do I think would be a good idea, and I throw out some tool we're working on, and he goes "yah" and asks me to throw something easy together if I can.

so I'm writing it, and like everything I write it goes way too long, but as I'm doing it and editing it and proofreading it - even though it's a halfway hack PR piece...(this tool will enable us to improve our MTTR by so and so) - I am really enjoying writing.

I'm writing a bit of a PR newsletter piece, FOR MY BOSS, who god bless him, won't put my name above the line - LOL - and I realize what I have known for a long time.

I used to say my dream job was to be a musician - of course - what I meant was - my dream was to be a songwriter. Of course, that could also be a writer. Either way, it works out to be the same. I would really like to be a writer instead of a techie.

I am a writer, of course - besides the songs, essays, and blog, I had a chapter published that I wrote in 2000 regarding certification - (it was one of eleven chapters in a tech book) - so I know I can be published cause I have my book on the shelf - LOL - yah babeee...

so I need to start pursuing it more - the songwriting thing is very hard - too damn hard, really - takes an incredible amount of effort - this sort of thing is so much easier - like taking a turn at 60 mph instead of 180. So I'm gonna do more writing of all types, but esp. in this blog - and it's not gonna always be poker content - (sheeeit....have I played poker this week? - guess I did....I forget....damn Xbox.)

but I'll probably just increase the output a bit - for a while anyways.....including songs - I think some of the short things I write could be fleshed out better into songs. But wherever it goes, I feel a bit better....

I love elippses though....periods....parathenses....not ending sentences with anything but a dash -

I will need one fuck of a editor someday - LOL - maybe I'll even take a class or two on it...

I can also talk about this too - In my usual gotta quit drinking self, I grabbed a couple books, including one by Pete Hamill called The Drinking Life - but Pete is a mega writer - he talks about his drinking when he was writing for the Post and NY Times, but mostly it ends as he begins his writing career and he realizes it snatches clairity from him...

so anyways, getting to read how a guy became a writer does quite a bit for ya - and of course, that gets the gears rolling - etc, etc. (probably more bad form)

still wish I could write a great song a week though - and I don't envy my journalistic friends who have their issues with what they write and how it's edited, but for the most part, it's cool. Gives me something to do this winter in coffeeshops, I guess...

Ok, I know I said I was gonna step it up a notch outputwise, but this is becoming self-gratifying and mastburatory....I SHOULD do breakfast. Maybe I will - gotta take some movies back anyways...

fuck it - I'm not even gonna spellcheck it - later

pax
RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home