Saturday, April 02, 2005

let's rewind 2 weeks ago - to the Uptown bar gig - I had invited a bartender there to come by on Tues. - Bob - he didn't show up - I check a couple weeks later, and he got a last minute flight to NYC to see Doves and some other band at the Bowery. - it was cheap too - $240 - how did he get such a great last min. low rate?

So we're talking - and he got a cheap fare by skipping that expedia crap and just checking individual airlines (we get a great deal being the NWA hub) - so a seed is planted.

I've scheduled my trip to Montana the third week of April - this week will be a gig on Sat, Madison, WI. on Sun, and get to work Wed/Fri - nothing on the agenda the 2nd week -

I have 4 days....so in unrealted news I've been running searches on Vegas trips again - Not only do I find a great rate - I run a search on poker for a friend on the Star Trib. website, and I see mega low rates to Vegas in the end of the NCAA tourneys - the town gets quiet again. - more so then I ever thought for this time of yr.

I do the math - I have 4 days off, I can time my trip in such a way as to maximize my time playing cards and only book two nights at the cheapo IP again - it'll be work/sleep - then plane to Vegas - 3 nights/2 days and fly back, sleep/work - LOL - with a bit of sleep in those crummy 63 buck motel rooms.

fuck it - I'm going back to Vegas next week for a hundred bucks cheaper (and a night less) without using my vacation time or anything. I'm just going to go - maybe I'll hardly play - I heard the "O" show is great - so is the Star Trek Experience - the trip is booked and room reserved - gotta love the internet.

Truth is, even though I'm going to MT in two weeks, I need a fucking change from Minneapolis - I just don't wanna be in this town, in that apt. in those stupid broken chairs right now. Nothing, not even a 60 inch TV can fix it - I'd rather be in Vegas with a laptop writing a travel essay ON vegas then anything else -

I have been trapped for many yrs. in medium wage jobs with no vacation. My hiring at a better wage coupled with vacation time and those 4 day weekends were really making me think I needed to keep going, seeing what was around the next corner - so to hell with it - and the NYC trip is in motion too as soon as my vacation time is confirmed -

This is the year that I don't plan on being here for anything - LOL

RB

1 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Poker Gamer said...

Hi

I really like your site. I'm new to the poker blog scene but not new to poker. :) I'm essentially playing for a living right now ($15-30) and this year my goal is to meet a great deal of poker players to make new friends and learn from them. I'm trying to create a little community and learn more about the different players who blog. I'd love to get more traffic on my site. If you like my site, would you mind linking to it? Also, I hope you don't mind but I linked to yours so I can read it frequently.

Travis

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home