Wednesday, March 30, 2005

goddamn....I need Kate Rusby again tonight...

it's a trad. tune Kate arranged.....called the Unquiet Grave - slightly adapted for a guy....LOL

this one's for you M. - hope all is peaceful at Lakewood...spring is coming for you.

--------------------------
How pleasant is the wind tonight
I feel some drops of rain
I've never had but one true love,
In greenwood she lies slain.
I'll do so much for my true love,
As any young man may,
I'll sit and mourn all on your grave,
For twelve months and a day

The twelve months and a day being over,
The ghost began to speak,
why sit you here and mourn for me
And you will not let me sleep?
what do you want of me sweetheart?
oh what is it you crave?
just one kiss of your lily white lips
and that is all I crave

Oh don't you see the fire sweetheart
The fire that burns so blue
where my poor soul tormented is
all for the love of you
and if you weren't my own sweetheart
as I know you well to be
I'd rend you up in pieces small
as leaves upon the tree

Mourn not for me my dearest dear
mourn not for me I crave
I must leave you and all the world
and turn into my grave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home