Sunday, October 03, 2004

I recently created a poll for Paul Phillips on 2+2 and loaded it with a push-polling question like the ones Republicans use (a la John Mccain) - no one on the WPT forum has a fucking sense of humor man...

BUT, since we've been focusing so much lately on the depression side of things, I thought we could focus a bit today on the politics -

Why I will not vote for GWB in the upcoming election.

Let me preface this by saying - I have voted Rep. in every presidential election since 1992 - virtually across the board in candidates as well. - My main motivation for this was that since I was a member of the Religious Right, I should vote the way the RR does - primarily on the basis of abortion. I am also pro-life - but that expands to not wanting to legalize the death penalty. I DO believe if someone wants to end their own life that they should have the means to do so...I just don't want a govt. sanction on it, and I have grave concerns about the abuse of such a sanction with the elderly should it exist.

I have had to think real hard this year, and I had to do
research…. many many books read this year – determining if I was on
the right side – I have been forced to conclude I was wrong –

I sided with a party that would destroy the environment of this
planet to put money into the pocket of the corporations who fund it –
I sided with the party that took 80000 votes off the African American
rolls in Florida prior to the 2000 election under the guise
of "purging felons" when nearly 60 % of that database had conviction
records in 2007, etc, etc (Read Greg Palast's book – the best
democracy money can buy… investigative journalism at it's finest for
the whole dirt on that)

I have sided with a party that believes to do God's will is to force
others to do what they're doing – I saw Jesus make many admonishments in the bible about behavior, but they were to Christians, and they never NEVER said to force others to obey the laws of God –

I made a choice to vote against a government welfare state and
instead voted for a kleptocrat state – a government characterized by
the practice of transferring money and power from the many to the few and a ruling class of moneyed elites that usurps liberty, justice, sovereignty, and other democratic rights from the people. (stole this from Jim Hightower - thanks Jim...)

I made a choice to vote for a party that profits from war, and will
do what is necessary to start one – Afghanistan wasn't profitable
enough so Iraq was next –

And I voted for a party that claims to cherish the unborn while at
the same time rolled back regulations that would force companies to
reduce the mercury contamination of our water that can cause defects
to said unborn children. – I have to weigh the lives of 1 million
aborted per yr. verses the lives of the several million who are born
into a contaminated society. I also have to accept the fact that if
this Republican party was serious about reducing abortions, it
wouldn't deny basic education about sexual reproduction to young
people, minorities, and people to prevent conception from occurring.

And to those who say we are better off in a world without Saddam, I
say we safer in a world with Saddam then we were in a world with
reinvigorated and re-inspired guys like Al Queda.

And history, the oldest teacher in the book, has shown that giving the free market free rein results in tremendous abuses by the free market at the expense of Americans - rampant drug pricing - enviromental abuse - poor treatment of workers - the export of profit and jobs overseas to avoid US taxes while still taking advantage of the location....

and quite frankly, certain people in the Bush Admin. (and I won't name names...don't want my door being beat in by the Ashcroft Brownshirts - yes, I'm that paranoid) are the dirtiest lying motherfuckers in the planet who would resort to the worst lies and slander in the world to get elected.

This doesn't mean the Rep. ideals are that bad - limited govt. is good - but so is basic health care - a public trust set up for water and air and not privitized to a corporation...public financing for campaigns to get dirty money out of politics once and for all... - and I want to vote for someone I believe in - if John McCain or Howard Dean could be on the ticket, it'd be all over - 3 points, nothing but net.

but they're not - so this year, I will choose the lesser of two evils - (ah Kerry ain't that bad, i guess....but he's no Mccain or Howard Dean)

and more then anything else, I will vote against that liar in the White house today.

RB



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home