Friday, August 25, 2006

I should get a pokerstars ad endorsement for this swill, man -

I must confess, for the last week, I've been mostly availing myself of the H.O.R.S.E games that Pokerstars now has. 8 hands of Holdem, Omaha, Razz, Stud, and Stud H/L 8 or better. By and large they've even been profitable - and I get a nice different selection of games in -

I gotta read up on Stud - hmmm....if only I knew someone who was an expert on games like Stud and Omaha...hmmm.. ;)

Actually, I'm not the worst slouch - a good poker player can see a place where aggression and a bluff will take him far no matter the game - it's just really for me, a matter of hand selection and how to play.

1. - Holdem - marginally profitable at the Limit level but I'm learning to tailor my tournament skills to this game, and of course, a lot less bluffing -

2. - Omaha Hi/Lo 8 or better - I think this is my weakest game right now - I usually only play cards that have 2 or 3 starting possibilities for a high or low - if I got 3 low cards I'll see a flop, but generally, I'm playing for low hands in Omaha, and tha's a losing way to play - so I'm working on it.

3. - Razz - profitable - whether because of Felicia's constant encouragement (it's so easy - no bluffing - anyone can play it) or because I actually can spot a decent starting in Razz or what, I seem to rule this game -

4 - Stud - marginally profitable - not my best game - I play it a bit like holdem, still, with starting hand selections, I think.

5 - Stud Hi/Lo Eight or Better - more profitable then plain ol' stud - but that's because I think in this round I mostly ignore the low unless it's a made 7 or so - and I like playing for the high a lot more in this game - easier to spot when you're beat then when you're playing for the low and that seems to be pretty fierce competition.

---------------------

as a whole I've had some nice poker wins - I should find a good book for each and work on my BR in a more interesting manner then previously done - a person with moderate competency and theory on these games and the basics of poker could clean up - maybe...

RB

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

Just get the books. All I do is parrot them.

Zee's book, 7CSFAP, Sklansky on Razz (Poker)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home