Monday, February 13, 2006

This is really fucking ugly.

JJprodigy, a well known online MTT'er won over 100K this week on a Party tourney. Actually, he busted out early and took over his grandma's account, who was also playing.

Party won't do a goddamn thing about it - apparently it's ok now to play multiple accounts in the same tourney. This shit wouldn't fly in the real poker world (B&M) - but he still has his defenders - the Grandma defense - sounds like something a legal expert would tear him a new asshole for if it ever got to trial.

If I had a party poker banner I'd pull it - fuck. (sorry, Iggy - find bonus codes for other sites please) - I hope other sites start implementing a police with one IP, one account on site - multiple accounts on one site = fuck em - there are enough poker sites out there with enough good games that 3 guys who are roommates can stagger.

It won't stop ALL cheating - I could have three IP's coming into this house in a week - but it'd slow it down.

I hope they take that little cunt's money away - but they won't - cause more buyins equals more profits -

welcome to the ugly side of online poker - if I were in that tourney, I'd raise such a stink that it'd bring down Party's stock prices - on RGP, 2+2, UPF, Cardplayer fourms, and everywhere. Here's another 2+2 thread discussing it, BTW - some players like myself are furious, others don't seem to have an issue with it. Guess a little moral flexability is +EV, and therefore justified in their eyes - whoever they are, they're no friend of mine.

and if I were an online poker site, I'd point out this issue with Party Poker's support and set up my site so it was one ip, one person at the game - [censored] multiple roommates - there are other places to play. I'd do everything possible as a business to use this sort of crap to take business away from folks who care more about making money then putting up an honest game.

I put cheaters as below lawyers and toxic waste dumps in my tolerance for them. [censored] him and and the "grandma" defense. I think what's bugging me the most is how many defenders he has on places like Pocket 5's - and esp. how many of them are big name internet players - makes you wonder how many big name players do this online.

know what else I'd do...I'd rat him out to the IRS - grandma won 130K? - Let's see how that'll be taxed. I bet they'd like to get a close look at where and how that money is actually being accounted for - I suspect it's not - he who will cheat at poker will undoubtly be willing to cheat on his taxes.

JJprodigy, you are a fucking wanker. You bring shame to poker with this "it was unintentional and my grandma's account defense." - I hope they take away everything you've won and you're back to asking folks if they want their fries supersized.

now and always, sincerely,
whiskeytown

2 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I thought it was a Pokerstars tourney? Hmm.. guess everyone is fucking up the facts.. I agree it is lame and if you admit to doing something like that you should absolutly not be allowed to keep your winnings.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger "MissT74" said...

It was PartyPoker and not that it's a week later....kudos to Party, eh whisky??? : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home