Friday, March 11, 2005

4am rant.... (wait for it...)

WHHWHWHWHWHHISSSSHHHKKKKEEEEYYYYYY !!!!!!!

used to have a friend who every time he saw me in a tourney, sang along to funkytown but put my name in there....when I'm a real moron I even sing it....LOL wonder where KrazyKanuck is at these days, anyways....bastard - -

actually, is it 4am? - I dunno? - how the days/hrs. blur after sleeping the 3 hr nap every 15 hrs. for 4 days, except for today when I slept the sleep of the dead. I always do that after a tough night at work, of course.

How about some quick snippets poker and otherwise -

-------------------------------
Man, surprised at how many people in the 2+2 world were upset at my not taking the trashed girl home....(oh, btw, my bed is terrible, it's a futon and it's lumpy) - speaking from past experiences, it is NO FUN cleaning up vomit, but even worse, I suspect, would be kissing the source of said vomit - LOL - ay carumba... I did have a couple people come to my defense though.
-------------------------------
I guess I'm happy and sad...training is almost here, and it will dissolve 11 days of my next 14 days and poker playing. I am so gonna miss having 4 whole days off a week though - I may have to give away drink tickets at the gigs cause I'll have to behave those next 11 days - no hangovers allowed -

(though lately, closest I've come to a hangover is needing a sip of water in the morning - my booze consumption has gone way down and conversely, so has my tourney play -LOL - ...I'm so disappointed in myself - such a terrible alkie - how will I ever offend the overtly religious and easily offendable now?)

and I dispise being part of the normal crowd though - the 9-5'ers - In the old days, with long hair and the army jacket, working downtown was an uncomfortable experience - like being broke in the checkout line and having to not buy certain groceries - Well, money is no longer an issue (have I said woohoo? - let me just say woohoo for upper middle class wages again) - but I still don't like these losers in suburbia with the house, kids and dog trying to keep up with the joneses. Thank God I have rock and roll to save me. And a bad beard....a bad beard sets U apart.
------------------------------
a blogger HORSE tourney on Sunday on Full Tilt Poker - I'll be there - I look forward to it - there are actually two big tourneys in Vegas I'd like to partake in - one on May 30th (Imperial Palace Anniversary) and one on the 1st of June (World Poker Blogger Tour - though that may be sold out by now) - but I'm not sure if I'm gonna go - something about Vegas in June - it's so nice here by then that I don't need to go to Vegas - now....should I raise with K high in Razz or Stud 8 H/L - I forget.... - LOL
------------------------------
I'm still thinking about Tues. night - I was ON, BOY - I OWNED it - I OWN YOU....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH>>>.cough, cough, ha. -

8BB/hr for 5 hrs. ok, not THAT on... but some things come to mind.

1. - Winning a hand where the board flopped 779 - a player bets and I have A/10 and see one more card (think I had the odds and I didn't put him on a 7) - turn is a 10. He bets, I call - river blank, he bets I call - he's surprised I called him down when he turns over J/10, but of course, I really don't think a kid who's made a hand is gonna bet that flop - your first instinct flopping trips is to slowplay, and he didn't.

2. - with that in mind, I flop trip 10's with an A/10 hand and proceed to bet UTG - I get to the river when you guessed it - 4th 10 hits - and the kid BETS into me, I raise, and get a call - sometimes you gotta change it up. Just one night, if the calling stations are good, bet all your sets and trips on the flop....what the heck...then bet your AK's later on when you miss the flop - it works great for getting rid of small pairs.

3. - playing the 77 pocket bonus hand - I flop trip 7's - one more gives me quads and $7777 - turn is a blank - if I check, I get a free river. If I bet, and he folds, I don't get the 4th 7. But I see him getting ready to call a bet as I fumble and think about it, so I bet and get an extra BB out of him. he calls me dumb, but if I know he's gonna call and not fold, might as well bet. (obviously, I only got trips)

seemed to see a lot of tells - not the dumb hard to read kind, just the easy ones like removing a chip from your cards before it's their turn to act - I went out there wanting to play 6/12 but decided to go to 4/8 cause I'd have been short stacked (ATM card only lets me take out $300 at a time....not enough for 6/12 without a couple wins or a day to plan) - so 4/8 was the game of choice - I went in expecting to focus and be aggressive with the best hands - and it worked with one exception where financially I was severely boned with dogshit, but hey....anyone wants to call two bets cold with 9/6 offsuit into my KK is welcome anytime.

Homegame next Sat. at Drew's - I love those nexgen chips for the most part except for a visible seam along the corner. I took that game for $86 in the 3/6 category after coming back from Vegas, so if I focus, I may get another profitable night - lot easier with no rake - just talking about it makes me want to play - wonder what their fri. morning crowd is like - with the gig in store, I have no work to prepare for tomorrow.
--------------------------------------
saw a bootleg for Star Wars, Ep3 trailer - looks interesting - actually, I'm more excited for Batman Begins, though - looks like they're gonna take the franchise in a Frank Miller Direction, which is much needed.
--------------------------------------
gawd...what else - I don't feel like I'm going to have a ton of time to kill once things start, so I want to do an Iggy inspired Uber-post - but not enough poker content - maybe when I head for home in a couple hrs I'll get some in - I postponed my CCNA on the grounds that it might be renewed with one CCNP exam, so we'll go from there. - otherwise I'd have had that whore on my hands at 2:15pm this afternoon.

Oh, and I have to do my taxes on Sat. with my accountant - if I've made enough money, I'm wiping out that credit card debt in one blow - then it's hello big ass HDTV - some recommendations of the Mitshibushi 61 inch DLP rear projection with warranty for $4000 look sweet, but I'm worried about having to move it when it becomes house buying time - guess we'll wait and see.

ok, I'm rambling - time to call it a night -

pax
RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home