Wednesday, March 09, 2005

responses on the previous post on 2+2 other topics have ranged from "friggen idiot" to "great job" - ah well - anyone who wants to call me an idiot can go catch the clap or knock a girl up or clean her vomit from your bed...not my thing.

just came back from Canterbury and a great session winning $325 at 4/8 over 5 hrs. - on my way back listening to the radio station and heard a new band called Sun Kil Moon - (thought it was Damien Jurado at first but I guess it's a former frontman from Red House Painters, I think) - they're next on the purchase list -

which brings me to my next point....great new public radio station in Minneapolis. - 89.3, the Current - Not that wussie Adult Contemporary Lite stuff that Public Radio is known for...- Major Eclectic stuff - Uncle Tupelo, Hayden, old Loretta Lynn - great stuff...morning show is a bit blah but everyone I know is listening to it and they brought in 2 mil. in listener donations after being on the air only 5 weeks...

We had a station like this before - it was bought and converted to Heavy Metal to preempt Howard Stern's arrival....now we get the revolution back....

here's the stream should you be interested - incredible choices and variety in alternative music - and it's not nearly as sucky as College Radio DJ's either...LOL -
Here ya go

was reading articles about it this week in the alternative weekly - it's incredible how many people in this town (and probably this country) gave up on anything good coming back into media - but I think we got really goddamn lucky this time...enough smart people in the right places got this going under Minnesota Public Radio, and it should be incredible -

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home