Friday, January 28, 2005

DAM DUM DAM!!!!! EMAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL - oh wait.... BLOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGG

I feel like the Strongbad of blogging - I miss him - ain't been there as much lately and ain't worn as much strongbad stuff cause I've sorta outgrown L shirts - maybe I'll buy some XL and wear em to vegas....(17 days)

this is pretty damn good...

the Full Tilt Commercials - the Jesus Ferguson one, especially in light of all the "Hammer" talk is just hilarious.... - So is the Howard Lederer one - the sight of this guy in that one is as good as it gets (well, until Sarah Silverman throws herself across the table again and rubs herself against the felt....that's great too)

Phil's is ok...but it won't make anyone laugh....

There are certain aspects about the site I really like, and aspects I don't. - and since they so rarely come along these days, how about a WHISKEYTOWN rating of FULL TILT POKER - (disclaimer, I play there and have done about $100 profit this yr at the site, so backoff bastard)

pros -

1. Experts - hell, how many of us haven't wanted to play head to head with Phil Ivey or Howard Lederer, but not at the 4K/8K stakes obviously - easy way to get into it and have fun. More importantly though....a pro at a 2/4 table attracts a LOT of fish - get in line, take your seat, stay out of Phil Ivey's way, and reap the rewards of the other idiots.

2. the interface just feels more right - the "bet pot" button is nice - and at 9 handed, it's not too hard to hang onto the 9 high flush cause you know better chances of it being the best hand. These day, almost all LL tables are 10 handed online.

3. Razz - I went into this before, and ya know, I don't play it, and I probably won't play it much - not my biggest focus to be honest - but the fact they have gone out of their way to offer/program it (and hell, probably only what, 2 tables going at any one time?) is telling of how they want to set up and play games.

4. visual frills - this is more of a visual then anything - For example, the avatars - I just like how I can frown/smile/confuse or whatever - (you have 4 choices and can rotate them) - and my choice of backgrounds is nice too (coming from a guy that hacked his Party Poker BG to look like Empire's for a week before changing to the great no frills one out there now for multitabling, I must say I like choice) - the one where you get a new background for the final table of a poker tourney is pretty funny too...

cons...

1. - not enough players/not enough games yet -

2. - no hand histories implemented yet - (on the other hand, this keeps the damned pokertracker harvesters away)

3. - can't customize your avatar - this is nice for when you got 5 damned monkeys and let's face it, I deserve my own avatar....heh

---------------------
what would my ideal poker site have? - well, most of the above plus the following....

1. - additional games - plain and simple - Draw/Pinapple/Lowball/Mixed Games (hell, how about a H.O.R.S.E or S.H.O.E tourney?) - stuff that is tough/dangerous to get right in live rooms is so easy to program/deal - so why not more?

2. - customizable backgrounds/cards/skins - some sites do this....Full Tilt has some good backgrounds (I use the no frills plain or the new midnight) - and some we hack (Party poker) - Planet poker's new site has some of this, but they gave up a lot of the other games to do it.

Maybe we can get Full Tilt and Pokerstars to merge....LOL - I will say this....I remember how Pokerstars was giving out $100 in freerolls before they went live - they were talking about it at my tourneys....in fact, it was one of the first sites I recall having MTT that I saw (Paradise was the biggest at the time and had one table tourneys....they lost a few people in the expansion) - but for now, I'll probably divide my time up at PS/FT and maybe Doyle's room, since I still have money there and the games are easy - and I'd like to check out UB, but that's down the line, I think.

some short snippets -

-------------------------------
Desperate Housewives keeps popping up. Two things of interest happened this week

1. Eva Longoria showed up in gossip columns talking about her kinky sex life, including being tied up with silk scarves, a personal fav. of mine - :)
2. Teri Hatcher has a new lingerie photo spread in FHM Magazine (in the US) - you know, I thought she was hot in the superman cape in the early 90's but since then....drool....

between the two of them I'll be taking cold showers for a week, ow...fuck. Why am I not watching this show again? - Oh yah...I hate TV and spend Sunday nights getting drunk at Applebee's.
------------------------------
High Roller, the Story of Stu Unger is gonna be on Starz at the end of the month....coming soon thereafter to DVD on March 15th - woulda been wild to watch him play with hole cards....Gawd, what one could have learned...
------------------------------
I've been in discussions with a graphics guy about my poker chip labels - he suggested whiskeys for the center - a different one for each chip, - should have the roughs ready by next week - maybe I can post them on here.
------------------------------
haven't placed in 12 tourneys straight (including the one today with the more aggressive play) - think a couple chumps drew out on me and I had to lay it down - what can ya do....was doing good till the 2nd hr.
------------------------------
video game news - there's a game on ebaumsworld.com I've been playing for months called Drag Racer 3 - I finally got picky one night and just beat the damn thing (or at least every race and had the most pimped out car I could build) - on the other hand, I've reached one hell of an impasse with the damned D&D game....no idea how to beat that nasty bastard at the end....ay carumba... - also, Hearts of Iron 2 is out but I haven't bought it yet.
------------------------------
walked into my first Irish pub in months tonight to get food (one near work) - didn't drink, of course, but you always smell it - but what really caught me unprepared was the vibe and feel of a place that has a live Irish band in it, and playing the trad. songs like "long way from Clare" and IRA fight songs - I really, REALLY miss that - I haven't been to see the Irish Brigade in ages cause of the night shift crossover from their shows -- I can't go to the Dubliner as much as before cause they cut out Mon. night music - I MAY come downtown Sat. night from 6-10pm and see a band - take the bus if I'm too drunk to drive - LOL - now that I've got the bus thingy so worked out.

It just felt so much different then the Applebee's near me or the Uptown bar - more life - more love - more music/culture - or maybe I'm just lonely for things I can't go to anymore elsewhere....

Townes said there was a hell of a difference between aloneness and loneliness, he said it was the difference between being broke and being poor.

I'm poor.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home