Friday, January 21, 2005

Friday 4am rant....put your raincoat on cause the shit is gonna fly tonight....and it's gonna be the length of a fucking IGGY post, baby...

FIRST OFF!!! - I hate 4 day work weeks - I don't mind at 8 hrs a day, but 48 hrs. in 4 days is brutal, and it's gonna take forever to get used to....ah well -

My win rate - up 80 bucks for the yr...LOL - no luck with any serious tourneys this week, but I only really had 3 days this week and 3 days next week to play -

I was rereading the blog again lately (put the link on the band page for it and wanna be sure I don't say anything terrible about anyone who could get me fired - LOL) - , and I realized my dependancy on ibuprofin is almost totally gone - and sleeping from 9am to 5pm doesn't really bug me as much as it used to.....of course, it's a miserable winter...in summer I'll feel differently, I'm sure.

I've seen a lot of AK and AQ beat pocket pairs this week on Pokerstars, and for some strange reason, it always seemed to be the last card. The end result being that when I played AK into QQ this week, I didn't panic the first 4 cards in, and didn't gloat when the 5th card gave it to me....ah well, as long is it's rigged for all players the same way - LOL

something has been bugging the shit out of me lately - there's that girl on 2+2 - Jennicide - someone found some "ahem" semi-revealing pics apparently and has posted them on a website (probably got them off of the internet wayback archive - that's where I find old shit) - and I'm thinking about her, and all the shit they gave Annie Duke when after her 2 mil. win, she was RUMORED to be sporting breast implants, or even the guff they gave her for winning it. Stripperbynight has her issues, and Felicia takes shit from everyone...

I'm starting to think the vast majority of the poker community isn't nearly as progressive as we advertise - I think we MIGHT have a few misogynists in the community, as well as a shitload of horny bastards.... - I mean, I wanna get lucky too, but I'm not gonna flirt online with a girl I don't know or hit on a 38 year old mother with 3 kids just cause she's kinda pretty....LOL - I gotta know them first :) - (unless said mom is Teri Hatcher - her FHM photospread is making me start to respect older women too...of course, I'm far away from spring chicken at this point.)

and then we got some asshole on 2+2 who I HOPE is just being a dick and isn't the racist prick he seems to be. - being from Montana, I never really saw a lot of racism towards blacks, but towards Indians....(the native american kind, not the Gandhi kind) - oh hell yah. Esp. since reservations felt like the 3rd world to most of us. So I noticed yrs. ago that while I didn't have any reservations towards blacks/asians/hispanics/women, I seemed to have a few about indians....ah well - realizing it is the first step to changing it -

but then you think that, and you have the Native American games in town with the kids staying at your college, and when they leave it looks like a hurricane went thru. - Total devestation that I could not believe from grade/junior/high school kids. I have noticed one particular strain of racism that permates society - the judgements of cleaning/maintenance crews who have to clean and fix hotels/apts where minorities live - they've just had too many negative examples to overcome...which is too bad. - Then you have wahooville, where 46 percent vote for a leader of the KKK - fucking rednecks.

Anyways, I went way off, but it pisses me off to no end they posted some pics of her online - if it was my sister I'd be cleaning my guns, and well, kids do stupid stuff when they're 17 - thank god no one had a camera handy when I did my stupid shit. ah well. and then Felicia had to pack up her blog - and SBN (who I've never even spoken to) gets prank callers - Being an attractive woman must be a lot like being a rich man...you never seem to be able to tell who likes you for you and who wants something for nothing - but in the absence of getting it, a lot of people get really nasty.

I've been getting a nasty craving for booze lately at work - the "maybe I'll just run over to the bar across the st. and have a couple" sort of cravings -

or at home, I'll get done drinking at the Uptown at two, go home, and I'll wanna stay up till 8 and run to the liquor store - (I almost never keep booze in the house anymore....I hate drinking alone) - but so far, fought the temptation all around - but I MAY pick up some Mike's hard Lime (not the lemonade, the Limeade) - and save it for Sun. after work - got it once at the CC Club and fell in love with the taste of it.

2.5 hrs till work ends - possible snowstorm tomorrow night, so I'm taking the bus...

On another blogger note, Iggy is in town, and if he can tear himself away, we'll hook up for food -

played some limit finally this yr.- lost 25 bucks.... - Roy Cooke's recent column suggested players wanting to maximize their winnings should consider working on their NL game as it's easier to take money from clueless noobs in that game then Limit(and there seem to be more of them in there right now too) - he may be right....maybe I should look for NL games in Vegas - my NL record for last yr. was a lot better then my Limit record - but then, a lot of those NL games were tight-passive before the flop - giving me a chance to raise more and play small pairs in late position with 7 callers.

I have a former friend who posts on discussion boards from time to time....(I check up on him by searching for his online name and following it to boards, ratemybody.com and crap - LOL) - he's been making enemies on one of them more then the other lately - and I SUSPECT it's cause he gets mean and angry when he gets drunk - I mean that "fuck the world and I'll shoot them if they disagree with me" kind of mean - him and his GF used to get in great fights after a few beers - I mean, I may have a booze problem, but I just get really happy or sad... - I've sorta transcended anger these days....UNLESS the fucker runs me down 4 bets cold with 96 suited - heh. (still pissed about that 5 months later)

I could keep going, but I got two more nights of this shit, so I'll hold up for now...I'll close with this link - someone on 2+2 has taken nexgen chips and put some preprinted design labels on them - done an incredible job and it's so good I've bought a sample pack that has one of those in it - if I like it enough, I'll replace my lameass 11.5g suited chips with these cool nexgen chips with the two color edge spots and come up with a cool label of my own - maybe with a whiskey shot....LOL - ....that just friggen rocks - gawd, they look so good -

RB

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

It's not easy being a female in the poker world, but it's not as hard as it once was. I have heard some real horror stories.

My Mom has been spit on, had drinks thrown in her face and has cigar and cigarette burns on her arms. In comparison, I have it very easy.

Sometimes there are so many advantages to being a woman at a particular table, they far outweigh the disadvantages.

Thanks for thinking about us, though. It is a good thing someone is or times would never have advanced in the poker world.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting comment on racism towards Native Americans. You hardly ever hear about that anywhere.
I moved to Montana, right on the eastern border with the Northern Cheyenne Reservation, a little over 5 years ago and I have had my eyes opened to what a truly different worl it is on the Reservations here. I have also seen more racism and found personal racisms that I never even knew I had. Don't get me wrong I do not think I am a racist but I have come to realize that even people who would consider themselves to not have a racist bone in their body still have some bits and pieces or racism in them.. Everyone does.. You just can't help it. It is part of what we are. The most important thing is what you do with it. Are you destructive and hurtful or do you realize what is going on and work to be a better person and be good to people.
I have met Native American people who are some of the best people I have ever met (one of my best friends here is Cheyenne) and have seen some how are some of the worst peole I have ever known. But, I have also seen that with White people, African American people and others as well. People are what they are and it doesn't matter if they are different colors, there are examples of all that are good and bad.
I enjoy your Blog and read it. Keep your chin up and keep at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home