Sunday, December 05, 2004

just spoke to my dad...

we had a dog - called her Indian dog cause he found her on a reservation about 16 yrs ago running trains between Kalispell and Havre - eventually, he went over, snagged a big trunk, and brought her back in it...she was a stray but was scared to death of brooms, meaning someone used to beat her with one.

she was an incredibly faithful dog, and very protective - kept the Jehovah's Witnesses in the car.

Well, she was getting worse and worse...having seizures and possibly a stroke. She barely had enough energy to get herself off the floor by this time. Anyways...on Thanksgiving Dad let her outside, let her walk around a bit, and then she sat down outside in the snow, and he gave her a pat on the head one last time and then he put her down with a rifle.

She was a damned good dog...I wanna cry just thinking about it...

we'll miss ya indian dog. - definately lived up to the name "Man's Best Friend"

RB

3 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. Sorry Man. That hurts.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Ignatious said...

my condolences. :(

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi WT. I don't make it over to your neck of the woods very often, but ended up here tonight. I lost a four legged friend about a year ago and still makes me sad when I think about her. The Jehovah's reference made me laugh as my dog was much the same...the good memories are the most important ones. Hope things pan out for you with work, hang in there bro. Peace, jasonHoldEm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home