Thursday, November 25, 2004

I'm a horrible person tonight....

as I have probably said before, I had a big falling out with a few friends and one in particular about 18 months ago...I drank too much for his tastes, (or rather, he wanted to quit my band, and I suspect that was his excuse for doing so) - but I did puke on his curtains two yrs ago at Thanksgiving, so some of it is valid.

in any case, this man, (who once threw up out my truck window when I drove him home and had to pick up and save from a DUI charge) threw his stones and I never spoke to him since that time.

So I have thanksgiving with a mutual friend today...and he mentions that he left a game the two of them were playing on Tues, cause he was getting too drunk, and I mention, well, yah, he did drink a lot - almost as much as I was - but more spread out..

and my friend goes "No, he quit for almost a yr. and a half" - and I show a bit of surprise, but then after a few seconds, a light goes off and I ask "DUI?" -

guess that's what it was - DUI - busted in his driveway of all things after making it home - and he's had a hard time since for other reasons going self-employed for awhile didn't work and he is now working two jobs to get back out of debt and stuff...

and I wanna take this guy who I took a hell of a knife from at the worst time, and I wanna laugh and rejoice and throw stones back....but I guess I won't. - guess aside from this post, I'll forget I ever heard about it....and Lord knows I deserved more then a DUI a couple times.

Guess that's something to be thankful for, but I've got something else...I'm thankful for a job...a real one with a real wage with a real vacation time and real benefits - I don't have much....but I got that one thing at least... - some people are angry they didn't get it, and seem to be destined to be as miserable to me as they can between now and the time they quit, but I can be thankful about it.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home