Sunday, June 24, 2007

the longest day of the year has passed us by - now they get shorter and gradually colder - but not nearly as cold as they'll be a few weeks after 12/21, the shortest day of the year - funny how that works.

I have a songwriter's gig on July 3rd - songwriting and poker are, I would imagine, a lot like someone I've been married to for about 50 years, and I sorta care for them and wouldn't want to see anything bad happen to them, but the passion is gone and I have no idea how to get it back.

I find myself treating online money as play money (and given the current crop of cashout issues, maybe it is) and I start/restart little contests like buying in for the mininum bankroll and trying to hop up levels till I bust out around .10/.25 cent levels -

meanwhile, kids with huge rolls are banking on the WSOP - gambling big and hoping for the score big enough they can go pro and chase the unfaithful mistress of tournament poker.

I don't know which of us is the bigger sucker, but at least I spend less :)

rb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home