Monday, December 20, 2004

Chelsea Walls is on TV - the IFC channel -

I forgot what a movie that is....it appeals to me in the sense that it's a bunch of artists trying to find something, but unlike other artist communities (like the one Tara belongs to) - it does't feel nearly as hopeful as that community though.

reminds me of this old Christian book I read called Angelwalk - in it is an angel who calls himself (I think) Chronicle - he's writing the chronicles of man and observations - yet he's not part of heaven...he was cast out with Satan, not because he took the devil's side, but because he didn't take any side. At the end of the book, saints are walking the road to heaven and his chronicles are in the dirt and forgetten -

that's what most artists remind me of...emotional masturbation - as a songwriter, I'm always happy when I can write something that is totally removed from me and "my pain" - (aka, the Jewel Syndrome....aka "we're breaking up and it's your fault cause you can't communicate with me syndrome") - because it can reflect someone else, and that's just less selfish. :)

anyways, it's a great movie, and you should watch it. Much better then this shit on the big screen these days....Ethan Hawke directed with one hell of a cast.

I have VH1 on TV right now....Destiny's Child "Soldier" is on - what a piece of shit - what a god awful piece of shit - and WTF is up with this rap interlude they throw in songs these days... - trying to get street cred or something...My status ain't hood, so I guess I ain't getting with Beyonce - LOL - I should turn down the music and put a DBT song on.

not sure what I'm going to do for the next 11 hrs...I have violin lessons at 2pm, and I have to practice between 11-1, most likely - I feel like playing cards, but no decent tourneys - I wish I could wipe my 4/8 losses out but I can't really do that with only Doyle's room offering the tables - (actually I could go to UB) - maybe I will.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home