Monday, October 25, 2004

back from Canterbury - I've been up now on 4 of my last 5 sessions out there....can't last, right? Maybe Mon. night (free bratwurst from 8-10pm) - who knows... -

never know...Canterbury is a fishy paradise, really - hard to believe I'm still playing 3/6 and 4/8 (no it's not...my raked game has holes...which I'm plugging..but not always) - but on the other hand, I just read this story - and ya know... I have problems with booze and I fall in love too easily - dangerous addictions I can't seem to shake - but thank god I've never gotten the gambling bug.

I've gotten better at observing players and doing things like grabbing chips if I'm scared of a bet...thinking I can slow them down. I've gotten better at spotting bluffers and calling them with middle pair - Last night, I got plastered on beers, but tonight, I didn't even care - ordered water and mountain dew and let it blow by me.

I've even done the unthinkable - took poker chips home - got $275 in two blacks and 3 greens - the start of a new bankroll - and the Whiskeytown Poker Tour has actually wiped out my 3/6 losses (up to 2 bucks profit this yr. playing 3/6 - LOL)

I'm also doing something a bit different - I'm counting wins before purchases of booze or food (well, food at least) - Let's say I win 85 bucks and cash out and go to Perkins - I'm counting that as an 85 dollar win and a 10 buck withdrawl from the bankroll when I eat - but if I eat at the club, I say I just won 75 - makes no sense....let's be real - bankroll deductions shouldn't count vs. my win rate.

but my online game is non existant - I just don't play...except in FPP satellites - pretty easy to get a seat with a big layout at 7am...LOL

in fact...I'll sign up for one now...what the heck - 17 players with 15 min. to go and 9 get seats to the round 2....can't beat that.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home