Friday, August 27, 2004

50% of mission accomplished - new HD in - (120 GB SATA drive - good speed....mnnnn)

no W2K yet - will try that tonight with the bootable CD....

I had the unexpected shock of my life last night. I've made it a point of wiping out all traces of past relationships - I think about the past too much as is, without things like emails reminding me of bliss lost. Other lovers did the same thing with notes in days past - nothing big.

So I transfer files to new HD via utility, but my PST (personal Outlook Mailbox) doesn't go thur...I grab the one in the C drive thinking that's it.

It's not - it's the mailbox from an upgrade 2 yrs ago. so all of the sudden, I'm seeing old emails from a woman I loved 2 yrs ago, at that point in the relationship where everything was new, exciting, flirty..... I think my jaw hit the desk.... - comments about poker/life/general - all there and reminding me about what I loved about her -

why I didn't go out and get plowed that fucking moment I'll never know. - but I deleted the PST from the primary and tonight, I'll do the same for the backup.

can't wait till all this is done and I can play poker again.

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home