Tuesday, June 15, 2004

recently I made a commitment to improve my raked game - for the last two yrs, I've been a 3/6 - 4/8 player who's never moved up in limits cause of skill/BR requirements - and recent efforts at improving my game have been in play.

well, this morning (midnight - 5am) marked 4 days in a row of consecutive wins at Canterbury - I've won $500 in 27 hrs of play, which amounts to about 2BB/hr, which is sweet -

I'm finding more then a 5 hr session and I start to go mush...

I'm finding that there's usually one good sucker per game out there....last night was a guy who hit every hand for a while and I guess was up to $700 on a 4/8 game. He had $400 when I sat down and I got $100 of that before he busted out.

I'm finding it easier to read players live then online...things I've never looked for in the past (guys getting ready to act by mucking cards, grabbing chips) make some moves easier - when I see a guy with his hands on the cards on the river, I know a bet will likely get him out of there, even if it's a stone cold bluff on my part.

I'm finding my favorite waitress is the one with the cute cherry tattoo above the left breast...looks like a "naughty librarian" type...but I think she's gonna have none of that crap from me...LOL

and I'm finding the fun of playing live poker again - lots of suckers....feels good.

I'm gonna keep grinding the 4/8 games for a couple more weeks - I can't legitmately move up to 6/12 unless the BR is enough for about 3 losing sessions - and $600 is about 1.5 in my book - so a few hundred more and we'll be in business - then I get to duke it out with asdf...

RB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home